aka "Just me rejoining the blogging world..."
Still my musings on life as interpreted by me...

Friday, September 4, 2009

Frustration...

So I definitely just realized that it's been quite some time since I've blogged. Which is surprising considering that I usually have a lot of stuff that I need to vent in the form of internet blogs.

Anywho. Tonight's rant is about my recent endeavors in fan fiction writing. I've recently taken my interest in Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse novels to a new level: fan fiction. I have two stories up, also under the pen name of chiisai-kitty. Everything thing was smooth sailing on the good ship lollipop up until about 10 this morning. Yes, I've been building frustration on this particular topic for over 12 hours now. Back to the story. At 10am, I toodled up to my laptop, switched it on, got online, and all that jazz. I pull up my document manager on fanfiction.net and start to edit my latest chapter of my story 'Stiletto' because I'm still full of the warm fuzzies that one gets when receiving a butt-load of praise off of one 3,000-word chapter. So I get it all set up, and press send. This is when I received the message that would become the bane of my existence for the entire 12 hour period. "Sorry, but we were unable to convert your file." Or something to that effect. It also advised me to try again. Which I did, like 5 times. So then I think that there might be something wrong with my Works Word Processor document, so I copy and pasted it into another one, then tried that. No go. I copy and pasted it into my Microsoft Word program. Tried it...No go. I even resorted to trying NotePad...still no go. So I keep trying all of these methods multiple times, over the course of 2 hours or so. All while working on upcoming chapters of 'Stiletto'. Needless to say, by the time I gave up trying, I had completed chapter 3.

I moved on to working on other stuff for the rest of my day, but the thought of not having my story up like I wanted to kept bugging me. So I get back on to try again around 4:30pm-ish. I repeated the same process as outlined above...still nothing. I then went to dinner, Target, and Blockbuster.

I got back home, and I decided to try again, propelled by some more warm fuzzies from people who read my stories. Only this time, I emailed it to myself and tried to post it off my desktop PC...still nothing. Around 11pm, I got the idea to reformat one of the chapters I had already published and put Stiletto Chapter 2 in its place. Thank God that worked. Except I had to copy and paste it a little at a time and reformat along the way. I think I was propelled this time by the fact that last week's episode of True Blood happened to be on at the same time I was fighting the formatting monster. So, in the end, my chapter is posted, and hopefully the glitch or whatever it was will be fixed. Or, at least now I know an easier solution. I'm not writing any of this because I'm mad at the site or anything...it was just hella frustrating.

Since I unloaded that rant, I'll keep my issues with last week's episode of True Blood to myself...for now.

0 Comments:

 

This Template is Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates